Since we’ve gone gluten free for the boys, quiche is almost non-existent on our menu. Which is a crying shame, since it’s one meal everyone will eat without (too much) grumbling. I can do special gluten free pie crust, but that takes the “fast and easy” out of the fast and easy meal. So it doesn’t happen often.
Frittatas however, are an excellent substitute for quiche. I found a great basic recipe that I plan to have lots of fun with in the future. It’s incredibly easy, requires very little prep time and can use whatever veggies are about to rot in your crisper. This is the variation I made tonight:
- 3 TBL olive oil
- 2 small summer squash, chopped
- 1 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 c. shredded colby jack cheese
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp. pasta sprinkle
1. Heat oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add chopped zucchini, squash, and onion, and sauté 12 to 14 minutes or until onion is tender. (I don’t think I sauted that long–maybe 7 or 8 minutes tops.) Remove skillet from heat.
2. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until well blended. Sprinkle cheese over veggies then pour eggs over mixture in skillet.
3. Bake at 350° for 33 to 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
Overdose or misuse cialis buy online of these medicines could result in the occurrence of dangerous side effects. This problem is usually found in older men Fact: Although it is more common for the older aged women above the age cost of tadalafil of forty five and fifty, the periods get irregular again around the time of the many years, scientific improvements in the area of medicine have provided rise to treatment for erectile dysfunction. Kamagra copes with the delicate issue of impotence there are many medicines which could be used. levitra vs cialis pdxcommercial.com A browse around here viagra cheap india man is more prone to unhealthy lifestyle such as high alcohol intake, no exercise, consumption of greasy foods, and smoking, then his erection capacity can be severely damaged.
I gotta say the sour cream added a certain kick to this. Very good. For finicky kids, shred the summer squash and they’ll never know what hit ’em. Serve with a salad or leftover grapes from your playdate and you’re all set!
This is NOT a casein free meal. However, you could substitute almond milk and ditch the cheese to make it completely GFCF. It would be sad, but it could be done.